Monday 22 September 2008

Surveys - The Truth

I am offended by the amount of junk email, pop ups, and safelist adverts I get telling me that Surveys are a valid "Work at Home" plan. There is just no way on Earth that anyone is making a living by doing online surveys, and I be pushed to believe that anyone is making any significant second income this way at all. Here is how I got on from an Evening of survey taking:

Opinion World - 15 mins; entry into a prize draw.
Ciao - 11mins; should have been credited £1 but it's never appeared.
Ciao - 2mins; survey has reached maximum participants.
Ciao - 2mins; survey has reached maximum participants.
New Vista - 2mins; enough people with my profile already.
Opinion World - 2mins; survey now closed.
Pinecone - 20mins; £3! Hooray!
Global Test Market - 2mins; Survey closed.
Global Test Market - 2mins; knocked out because of my occupation.
Ciao - 2mins; survey now closed.
Opinion World - 2mins; knocked out because I didn't want to take out a secured loan in the next 6 months.
Ciao - 2mins; kicked out because I am not a company decision maker.
Toluna - 2mins; survey closed.
Toluna - 2mins; kicked off because I don't rent my property.
Ipsos - 10mins; unclear on whether I have won anything or not!
Toluna - 2mins; survey closed.
Global Test Market - 2mins; kicked off because I haven't taken a flight in the last year.
Toluna - 2mins; not part of target group required.
Opinion World - 2mins; survey now closed

Overall then, I spent one and a half hours to earn £3 in Tesco Vouchers. I've not cherrypicked the above surveys. This is genuine! In over 1 year of doing Ciao surveys I've amassed an amazing £2.79!

I firmly believe that most of the online survey sites are actually just fronts to try and sell you stuff. Never, under any circumstances pay to join them!

1 comment:

Belinda Dawson said...

Hi,

I am Belinda Dawson, a webmaster of some finance related sites & blogs wanted to keep a good website proposal for you.

I visited your blog, uncommonadvice.blogspot.com, which is totally related to FINANCE and I think that the content of your site will be of good interest to the visitors.

I believe that only good content will not help you in gaining the Google values. For that purpose healthy content link exchange or Normal link exchange is essential. If you agree with this we can exchange some articles as well as good links which will provide an extra benefit to our sites.

I wish to utilize this opportunity, because your site is fully related to my topic.
I would appreciate if you place my link within the content to our site and I will do the same. It will give extra mileage to our sites and help to gain some extra values in the eyes of search engines.

If you agree with me please reply me on this email: belinda[dot]dawson1984[at]gmail[dot]com. I have some good offers which can fulfill your requirements,

Looking forward for your positive reply!!

Thanks,

Belinda Dawson